Tree Orc (16 RP)
Medium Humanoid (orc)
- +4 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma: Tree Orcs are brutal and savage. (1 RP)
- Humanoid: Tree Orcs are humanoids with the orc subtype. (0 RP)
- Medium: Tree Orcs are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Slow Speed: Tree Orcs have a base speed of 20 feet on the ground. (-1RP)
- Tree topper, greater: Tree orcs are so at home in the trees that they gain a Climb speed of 20 feet. They don’t lose their Dexterity bonus to Armor Class or give their attacker a +2 bonus when they are attacked while climbing. As long as they are in contact with a tree, they won’t accidentally fall. This is treated as Improved Evasion vs fall damage and even if they fail it’s treated as subdual damage. They can even walk upside down and up a tree for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + their Dexterity modifier. At each level after 1st, they can walk for an additional 2 rounds. (6 RP)
- Brachiation: Tree orcs are able to swing from branch to branch at a speed of 30 feet. (2 RP)
- Darkvision: Tree Orcs can see in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Light Sensitivity: Because the forest home of tree orcs is in a state of perpetual darkness, they become dazzled in areas of bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight (-1 RP)
- Feral Abilities [choose one]: (4 RP)
- Ferocity: Tree Orcs can remain conscious and continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0. Tree Orcs are still staggered at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.
- Sneaky: Tree Orcs gain a +4 racial bonus on Stealth
- Unnatural: Tree Orcs unnerve normal animals, and train to defend themselves against the inevitable attacks from such creatures. Tree Orcs take a –4 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks to affect creatures of the animal type, and receive a +4 dodge bonus to AC against animals. Animals’ starting attitude toward members of this race is one step worse than normal.
- Skilled: Tree Orcs gain a +2 racial bonus on Heal and Survival checks: They must be self-sufficient in order to survive their environment.
- Eat AnythingRaised with little or no proper food, many tree orcs have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Tree Orcs with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause food poisoning. (2 RP)
- Xenophobic: Tree Orcs begin play only speaking Orkin. (-1 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Dayrunner: Tree Orcs refuse to yield to any foe, including the sun. Some spend hour upon hour glaring at the sun until their ruined eyes acclimatize to bright light. Tree Orcs with this racial trait take a –2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls. This racial trait replaces light sensitivity.
- Feral: Tree Orcs have the ability to fend for themselves long before they master the rudiments of their language and culture. Having needed to hunt bugs and tiny animals for food to survive while still infants, feral orcs fight all the harder to survive when at the brink of death. Tree Orcs with this racial trait gain Survival as a class skill and gain a +1 racial bonus on melee weapon attack and damage rolls when at negative hit points. This racial trait replaces their Feral Ability and their Orkin language. Feral orcs can only communicate with grunts and gestures.
- Smeller: Orcs with this racial trait gain a limited scent ability with half the normal range. This racial trait replaces feral ability.
Tree Orcs are feral cousins to the true orcs. They are more beast than man, with arms that are longer than their legs. The better for swinging through the trees of their home.
They are nomadic hordes of ravenous beasts, and are the scourge of any caravan route that runs through their territory. They hate everything and will eat anything, if they can catch it then its prey.