Foxkin (12 RP) [Kitsune ancestry updated]
Medium Humanoid (animal-folk)
- +2 to 2 ability scores of choice. (2 RP)
- Type: Foxkin are humanoids with the animal-folk subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Foxkin can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (2 RP)
- Medium: Foxkin are medium creatures. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Foxkin have a base speed of 30 ft. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Foxkin gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks while in their forest home. (2 RP)
- Stalker: Perception and Stealth are always class skills for Foxkin. (1 RP)
- Silent Hunter: Foxkin reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait). (2 RP)
- Beguiling Liar: Foxkin gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie. (2 RP)
- Greed: Foxkin gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones. (1 RP)
- Languages: Foxkin begin play speaking Vulpis and Common. Bonus: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Nimble Attacks: Foxkin receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. Replaces keen senses.
- Scent: Foxkin gain the scent ability. Replaces beguiling liar and silent hunter.
- Cornered Fury: Whenever a foxkin is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, they gain a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class. Replaces silent hunter and stalker.
- Lucky, lesser: Foxkin gain a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws. Replaces greed.
- Shadow Blending: Foxkin Attacks made against members of this race while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This trait does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance. This is a supernatural ability. Replaces silent hunter.
- Quick Reactions: Foxkin receive Improved Initiative as a bonus feat. Replaces keen senses.
- Silver Tongued: Foxkin gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can do so up to three steps up rather than just two. Replaces beguiling liar and greed.
- Kitsune Ancestry: Foxkin gain the outsider subtype and choose from below (Replaces beguiling liar and greed):
- Change Shape, lesser: Foxkin are able to polymorph into a fox of their size.
- Elemental Summoner (fire):Foxkin gain the ability to summon a creature with the fire subtype with a summon spell, increase the duration of that spell by 2 rounds.
- Pyromaniac: Foxkin race are treated as +2 levels higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle’s flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait. If a member of this race has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, it also gains the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the user’s character level.
- Seducer: Foxkin add +1 to the saving throw DCs for their spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school. In addition, members of this race with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher may use charm persononce per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the user’s character level)