Today’s figure of the week is Usagi Yojimbo: the warrior rabbit. He is wearing a hakama with haori himo, and wielding a katana and wakizashi. He was fun to paint, and I was lucky to find it. The figure was licensed by Mega Miniatures, according to the following page, they are rare with no molds available:
See excerpt below:
“Usagi Yojimbo is one of the longest independent serialized comic book series in existence.
Stan Sakai , the sole creator, author, and artist became famous with the creation of Usagi Yojimbo, the epic saga of Miyamoto Usagi, a samurai rabbit living in late-sixteenth and early-seventeenth-century Japan.”
See the Lepi, below:
Lepi (12 RP)
Medium Humanoid (lepi, animalfolk)
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligent or Wisdom (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Lepi are humanoid with the Lepi subtype. (0 RP)
- Medium size: Lepi are medium so have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Lepi have a base speed of 30 feet (0 RP)
- Lowlight vision: Lepi can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Keen Senses: A Lepi’s skittish heritage grants them Alertness as a racial feat (+4 Perception). (2 RP)
- Expert Leaper: When making jump checks, Lepi are always considered to have a running start. Also, when they deliberately fall, a DC 15 Acrobatics check allows them to ignore the first 20 feet fallen, instead of the first 10 feet. (2 RP)
- Feet of Fury (Ex)The large, powerful feet of a Lepi make effective weapons. All Lepi automatically receive the martial artist (unarmed attacks, 1d6) and weapon finesse (kick) feats and a +4 racial bonus to Jump checks. (3 RP)
- Healthy: Lepi gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases. (2 RP)
- Fleet Footed: Lepi receiveRun as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. (2 RP)
- Language Lepan and Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome and Sylvan.(0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Burrow: Lepi gain a burrow speed of 20 feet. Replaces expert leaper.
- Sociable: When Lepi attempt to change a creature’s attitude with aDiplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed. Replaces lowlight vision.
- Swarming: The warren is life, Lepi are used to living and fighting communally with other members of their race. Up to two members of this race can share the same square at the same time. If two members of this race that are occupying the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares.Replaces fleet footed.
- Beguiling Liar: Lepi gain a +4 racial bonus onBluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie. Replaces fleet footed or healthy.
- Plains Runner: Lepi love to run, so gain a +4 to Constitution checks during a forced march. Replaces healthy.
A Lepi is a humanoid rabbit; they have a smaller cousin called the Lepus. They evolved underground, but left their warrens to begin a hunter-gatherer existence. Lepi were once high-strung herbivores with a, “hair-trigger” fight or flight instinct that favored flight. They developed sensitive ears and sharp eyes to more easily escape predators. Whether it was from lack of food, population pressure or predatory pressure, no one knows. They are now omnivores and excel in the martial arts. Because of their muscular legs similar to a kangaroo, they are great leapers and use them in their natural kick attacks.
Lepi’s fur comes mostly in shades of gray and brown, but other colors are known. They are very prolific and have few enemies. Favored classes include: fighter, ranger and rogue. Rarely do they follow the magic arts, although it is possible.