Kercpa (12 RP) [aka squirrel-folk, Ke’rapa]
Small Humanoid (kercpa, arboreal, animal-folk)
- +4 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Kercpa are nimble and agile but have little or brash confidence and are maddening to talk to. (2 RP)
- Type: Kercpa are humanoids with the kercpa subtype. (0 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Kercpa can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)·
- Small: Kercpa are small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and +4 size bonus to stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Kercpa have a base speed of 30 ft. (0 RP)
- Arboreal: Kercpa live in the trees, they are surefooted, agile climbers and leapers. Kercpa gain a Climb speed of 30 ft, +8 racial bonus to Climb skill checks and don’t lose their Dexterity bonus to AC while using the Acrobatics or Climb skill checks. They can move through the tree-tops with ease. In dense forests, they can move at base speed. In lightly forested areas, they move at half speed. The gain a +2 racial bonus to Balance skill checks while wearing light or no armor; because of their long, bushy tails. (4 RP)
- Keen Senses: Kercpa gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks while in their forest home. (2 RP)
- Manic Folly: Choose two: (-4 RP)
- Paranoid: Kercpa have an initial reaction of unfriendly, thus bluff and diplomacy checks towards them suffer a -3 penalty, while intimidate checks made against them gain a +4 bonus.
- Fearful Evasiveness: As long as they are shaken kercpas have a +1 morale bonus to AC.
- Cornered Panic: If a Kercpa becomes flanked, they must make a will save dc: 14 + 2 for each flanking creature or become confused for 1d6 rounds.
- Constant Alertness: Kercpa are never flat footed, they gain a -4 to saves against fear and confusion: They go easily into panicked frenzies.
- Danger Sense: Kercpa gain a +2 racial bonus to initiative checks and reflex saves; continually ready to spring to action, they are quick to react.
- Curiosity: Kercpa have an insatiable curiosity. They have to see, touch, taste anything new (especially if its shiny!).
- Woodlore: Kerpcas gain a +2 bonus to Stealth and Survival checks. They are cautious and pad-footed, allowing them to sneak about unheard. (4 RP)
- Speak with Squirrels (Sp): Kercpa can communicate with their rodent brethren as if by a constant speak with animals spell. (2 RP)
- Bite: Kercpa have a natural bite attack dealing 1d3 base damage. (1 RP)
- Languages: Kerpcas begin play speaking Common and Kerpca. Bonus: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Cat’s Luck: Once per day, when a Kercpa makes a Reflex saving throw, it can roll the saving throw twice and take the better result. It must decide to use this ability before attempting the saving throw. Replaces bite.
- Protective Instincts: When cowering in fear, kercpa can tap into primal survival drive and adrenal reserves to increase their defense, dodging and twisting and curling up protectively with almost reflexive ease. While cowering attackers do not gain a +2 bonus against them and the squirrel folk get a +2 morale bonus to AC. Replaces speak with squirrels.
- Nimble Faller: Kercpa race land on their feet even when they take lethal damage from a fall. Furthermore, they gain a +1 bonus to their CMD against trip attempts. Replaces woodlore.
- Nimble Attacks: Kercpa receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. Replaces keen senses.