Nematon (28 RP)
Small Construct (awakened, construct, Earth, outsider)
- +2 to any 2 ability scores of choice (except Constitution). (2 RP)
- Construct: Nematons are rocks from the Plane of Earth with the awakened and construct subtype. (20 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Nematons have lowlight vision (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Nematons have darkvision up to 60 ft. (0 RP)
- Small: Nematons gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Slow Speed: Nematons use rolling for movement, at a base speed of 20 ft. (-1 RP)
- Limbless: Nematons have no limbs. (-2 RP)
- Telekinesis: Nematons gain the Telekinesis as spell, at will. (3 RP)
- Special Ability (choose 1): (4 RP)
- Rock Caller: Nematons are able to call otherwise stationary rocks to do their bidding. These rocks can be 2 sizes smaller or 1 size larger than themselves. This ability lasts for 1 round/level.
- Ferrous Growth: Nematons can cause a touched piece of iron or steel to grow into an object weighing up to 10 pounds, such as a sword, crowbar, or light steel shield. This object remains in this form for 10 minutes or until broken or destroyed, at which point it shrinks back to its original size and shape.
- Treacherous Earth: Nematons gain the following supernatural ability: Once per day, a member of this race can will the earth to rumble and shift, transforming a 10-foot-radius patch of earth, unworked stone, or sand into an area of difficult terrain centered on a square it can touch. This lasts for a number of minutes equal to the user’s level, after which the ground returns to normal.
- Relentless: Nematons gain a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks made to bull rush or overrun an opponent. This bonus only applies while both the member of this race and its opponent are in touch with the ground.
- Stoneseer: Nematons gain a +1 to the caster level for any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. They also gain the following spell-like abilities: constant—non-detection; 1/day—magic stone, stone shape, stone tell. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the user’s character level.
- Stone Cunning: Nematons gain stone cunning as Dwarf. (1 RP)
- Terrain Stride: Nematons gain the ability to ignore difficult terrain if it is composed of mostly earth or stone. (1 RP)
- Language: Terran and Common. Bonus: Atlantean, Draconic, Dwarf, Elven and Gnome. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Crystalline Form: Nematons gain the ability to change their physical structure to reflect energy from their surface. +2 AC vs rays and anything with the light/energy description, 1/day with a 1 round duration. Replaces a special ability.
- Ioun Hoarder: Nematons have a compulsion to acquire Ioun stones whenever they happen upon them. Replaces telekinesis.
- Rock Thrower, lesser: Nematons are able to gather small rocks to them and throw them. Treat this ability as the magic stone spell. Replaces a special ability.
- Stonesinger: Nematons gain the ability to meld normal rocks into any shape they desire just by singing to them. The quality depends on their Craft (stone) ranks. Replaces a special ability.
- Earth Glide (Ex) When nematons burrow, it can pass through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as easily as a fish swims through water. If protected against fire damage, it can even glide through lava. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other sign of its presence. A move earth spell cast on an area containing the burrowing creature flings it back 30 feet, stunning it for 1 round unless it succeeds on a DC 15 Fortitude save. This ability gives them a burrow movement of 30 ft. Replaces terrain stride.
- Extrude Limbs: Nematons gain the ability to create legs, arms or both from themselves or the rock around them. To give them increased mobility. Replaces limbless.
No one knows where these rocks came from or how they were created. The majority live on the continent of Teranik, but they can be found throughout Aquatica and on the Plane of Earth.