Shrew (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (animalfolk)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom. Shrews are extremely quick, agile and hardy, but not wise. (0 RP)
- Type: Shrews are humanoids with the animalfolk subtype. (0 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Shrews can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Small: As small creatures, shrews gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus onStealth (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Shrews have a fast base speed is 40 feet. Because of their quadrupedal inclinations. (2 RP)
- Partial Quadruped:While holding nothing in their paws, shrews can drop to all fours as a free action to increase their base speed to 40 ft. Shrews can stand on two legs again as a free action during normal movement. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Shrews gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Paranoid: Shrews believe that someone or something is always out to get them, so they have a hard time truly trusting anyone. Although, once their trust is earned it is absolute. Anyone (untrusted) who attempts an aid another action of any type to assist them must succeed at a DC 15 check instead of the normal DC 10 check. (2 RP)
- Reactionary: Shrews are often bullied as children, so have never quite developed an offensive response. Instead, they became adept at anticipating sudden attacks and reacting to danger quickly. They gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks. (2 RP)
- Reckless: Shrews have a tendency for rash behavior, often disregarding their own safety as they move across the battlefield. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobaticschecks, and Acrobatics is always a class skill for them. (2 RP)
- Languages: Shriven and Common. Bonus: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Cornered Fury: Shrews can fight viciously when cut off from friends and allies. Whenever a shrew with this racial trait is reduced to half or fewer of his hit points, and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, he gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
- Swarming: Shrews are used to living and fighting communally, and are adept at swarming foes for their own gain and their foes’ detriment. Up to two shrews can share the same square at the same time. If two shrews in the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. Replaces fast speed (reduced to normal speed of 30 ft).
Shrew are often likened to the Gnome race for their demeanor and curiosity. This is true as they are descended from mutated gnome stock.