Sauran [unjoined] (14 RP)
Medium animal (awakened, reptilian, sauran)[herbivore]
- Use this link for dinosaur traits.
- Flexible: Sauran gain a + 2 to 2 ability scores of choice. [Or as dinosaur type.]. (1 RP)
- Type: Sauran are reptilian quadrupeds (with a few exceptions) with the sauran subtype. (0 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Sauran can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Size: As dinosaur type. (0 RP)
- Normal Speed: Saurans have a base speed of 30 feet. [Or as dinosaur type.] (0 RP)
- Natural Armor: Saurans get a +2 natural armor bonus due to their tough, scaly skin. [Or as dinosaur type]. (4 RP)
- Ancient Foe: Saurans have an ancient enmity for Carnosaurs because they are killed and eaten whenever caught. (3 RP)
- Sunstone Bond: All Saurans are attuned to their city’s sunstone. While in the field of this or a satellite stone, they gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC versus carnivores. This bond only stays in effect while following the Bond Code: never eat meat of an intelligent creature (fish and insects don’t count) and only do violence in self-defense or defense of others. (2 RP)
- [If a Carnivore is chosen and doesn’t give up the eating of meat. They won’t be able to live near a Sunstone controlled area or suffer debilitating effects.]
- Keen Senses: Saurans gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Skill Training: Saurans gain 2 skills of their choice which are always considered class skills. (1 RP)
- Languages: Saurans speak Common and Sauran. Bonus: Astralus, Atlantean, Dwarven, Elven, or Undercommon. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Stubborn: Saurans gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a Saurans fails such a save, they receive another save one round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than one round). The second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the Saurans has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), they can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. Replaces ancient foe and gains 1 RP.
- Shards of the Past: Saurans race have past lives that grant them two particular skills. Each member of this race picks two skills. The member of this race gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the member of this race actually takes.
- Noble Bearing: Saurans get a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy Replaces lowlight vision.
- Healthy: Saurans gain a +4 Fortitude save vs poison and disease because of their diet (vegetarian, with fish and insects) and clean living. Replaces skill training.
The Saurans were a powerful race during the Mage Wars. They sided with the Astralus (Astral Elves) against the Atlanteans. Saurans were extremely gifted with psionics and elemental powers. Many died during the Mage Wars, the few that survived, quickly devolved from an Atlanteans curse or died of old age. Instead of devolving some Saurians (30%) split into humanoids and primitive Saurans (Dinosaurs).
A few out of every generation of their descendants is reborn as a strong leader in time of need. When one of these becomes the leader, there is a 20% chance of him/her merging with their other half.
[Saurans are treated as awakened dinosaurs with the above additions.]