Kangu (12 RP)
Medium Humanoid (kangu)
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligent or Wisdom (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Kangu are humanoid with the Kangu subtype. (0 RP)
- Medium size: Kangu are medium so have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Kangu have a base speed of 30 feet (0 RP)
- Lowlight vision: Kangu can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Keen Senses: A Kangu skittish heritage grants them Alertness as a racial feat (+4 Perception). (2 RP)
- Expert Leaper: When making jump checks, Kangu are always considered to have a running start. Also, when they deliberately fall, a DC 15 Acrobatics check allows them to ignore the first 20 feet fallen, instead of the first 10 feet. (2 RP)
- Tail Attack: Kangu have a long, muscular tail. This gives them the ability to give a painful slap for 1d6 + Strength modifier bludgeoning damage and gain the Weapon Focus feat with this Unarmed Attack. They gain no penalty by making this attack do subdual damage and are able to take trip attack as a feat. (3 RP)
- Thick Skin: Kangu have a thick hide, so gain a +1 Natural Armor bonus. (2 RP)
- Fleet Footed: Kangu receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. (2 RP)
- Language Kangan and Common. Bonus: Elven, Gnome and Sylvan.(0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Feet of Fury (Ex) The large, powerful feet of a Kangu make effective weapons. All Kangu automatically receive the martial artist (unarmed attacks, 1d6) and weapon finesse (kick) feats and a +4 racial bonus to Jump checks. Replaces tail attack.
- Healthy: Kangu gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases. Replaces thick skin.
- Sociable: When Kangu attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed. Replaces lowlight vision.
- Beguiling Liar: Kangu gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie. Replaces fleet footed or healthy.
- Plains Runner: Kangu love to run, so gain a +4 to Constitution checks during a forced march. Replaces healthy.
Kangu live on Animus, mostly in valleys protected from most predators. They have a tribal society similar to the Aborigines of Australia. They Kangu are a humanoid kangaroo; they are cousins to the Lepi. They evolved in rainforests, but left their protection to begin a hunter-gatherer existence on the plains.
Kangu were once high-strung herbivores with a, “hair-trigger” fight or flight instinct that favored flight. They developed sensitive ears and sharp eyes to more easily escape predators. Whether it was from lack of food, population or predatory pressure, no one knows. They are now omnivores and excel in the martial arts. Because of their muscular legs similar to a kangaroo, they are great leapers and use them in their natural kick attacks.
Kangu fur comes mostly in shades of gray and brown, but other colors are known. They are very prolific, twins are common and have few enemies. They are marsupials, like kangaroos.
This is a vintage Ral Partha figure of Lord Soth from the Ravenloft campaign setting. He is wearing full plate mail with a plumed helm and cloak.
I painted him with traditional coloring, I tarnished him some to look battle-damaged and my husband flocked his base. When I find his mounted rider figure I will add it here.
This weeks figure is a fighter in hoplite style armor. It is human male wearing a breastplate over a chain shirt, feathered Corinthian helm, brigantine-like kilt, short sword, shield and wielding a short spear. It is an interesting figure, although not from a specific time period as the components don’t go together.
Not sure of the maker, I’m still researching the figure.
Tiki Goblin (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Tiki Goblins are fast, but weak and unpleasant to be around. They gain +4 Dexterity, –2 Strength, and –2 Charisma. (2 RP)
- Type: Tiki Goblins are humanoids with the goblinoid subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Tiki Goblins see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Size: Tiki Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Tiki Goblins are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet. (1 RP)
- Skilled: Tiki Goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Ride and Stealth checks. (2 RP)
- Tiki Shell: All Tiki Goblins are encased in a large coconut shell with magical properties. This gives them the ability to decorate it with tribal markings and gives them a +1 to Natural Armor. (1 RP)
- Rope Runner: Tiki Goblins live on a city ship their whole lives. They learn to climb and rope-walk as soon as they can walk. This is natural to them. These goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks. (2 RP)
- Swarming: Tiki Goblins are used to living and fighting communally with other members of their race. 1-4 Tiny and 2-4 Small members of this race can share the same square at the same time (they often stand on each other like a totem pole. If two members of this race that are occupying the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. (2 RP)
- Languages: Tiki Goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Bonus: Common, Badgen, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling, and Lutra. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Eat Anything Raised with little or no proper food, many tiki goblins have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Tiki Goblins with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause
- Junk Tinker: Tiki Goblins use ramshackle equipment and vehicles that seem like they should never function. Tiki Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on driving checks and on Craft checks to build or repair weapons or vehicles without the proper tools. They can make the attempt with any material that can hold the right shape for a few uses, but normally unfit materials produce items with the fragile quality. This racial trait alters skilled, replacing the racial bonus on Stealth checks. Source: PCS:ISR
- Weapon Familiarity: Tiki Goblins’ traditional weapons are the harpoon and the blowgun, useful weapons on their home, the sea. Tiki Goblins with this trait are proficient with harpoon and blowgun, and treat any weapon with the word “goblin” in it as martial weapons. This racial trait replaces skilled.
- Sea Scavenger Tiki Goblins survive by scavenging for sea flotsam, refuse and hunting other creatures. Goblins with this trait gain a +2 racial
- bonus on Perception and Survival checks, and can use Survival to forage for food while on the sea. This racial trait replaces skilled.
The following feats are available to a tiki goblin character who meets the prerequisites.
- Ankle Biter
- Battle Singer
- Burn! Burn! Burn!
- Dog Killer, Horse Hunter
- Fire Hand
- Fire Tamer
- Flame Heart
- Goblin Gunslinger
- Letter Fury
- Lead From the Back
- Roll With It
- Tangle Feet
These are sea goblins dressed in coconuts (like box trolls). They accessorize their shells with trophies from sea creatures; use spears, harpoons, nets and blowguns.
These goblins sail the sea on city ships with hundreds+ of inhabitants, capturing ships and raiding coastal cities.
Happy New Year!! A little late this morning, but got sidetracked by household chores. There are many things I want to get done this year (or at least a start on). Some of the main ones are:
- improving my garden/edible food forest
- building an entertainment/grilling area
- constructing a personal retreat building
- improving out preparedness in all areas
- better organizing the house
- improving physical fitness
This is quite a few things to work on, but I can make plans or at least start on these projects. Below are a few files that will help me this year.
Preppers-University-January-To-Do (will download when you click link)
Today’s Figure is a pair of turtle-men. They are humanoid alligator snapping turtles wearing partial platemail (tasset, vambrace, neck and tail armor), wielding spiked clubs.
They were fun to paint. I really like anthropomorphic races. More research is needed to discover the manufacturing company.