Ratfolk (10 RP)
Medium Humanoid (ratfolk)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma. Ratfolk are extremely quick, agile and hardy, but their lineage makes them less intelligent, glib, or comely than most humanoids. (2 RP)
- Type: Ratfolk are humanoids with the ratfolk subtype. (0 RP)
- Medium-size: As medium-size creatures, ratfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to size. (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Ratfolk have a fast base speed is 40 feet. (1 RP)
- Darkvision: Ratfolk can see in the dark up to 60 ft. Their vision is in full color and they can function normally with no light at all. (2 RP)
- Keen Senses: Ratfolk gain a racial bonus to Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Rodent Empathy: Ratfolk gain a +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks made to influence rodents. (1 RP)
- Skulk: Ratfolk can blend easily into their environments, and move with surprising grace. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks, and take only a -5 penalty on Stealth checks made to hide from creatures they have distracted with a Bluff check (rather than the normal -10 penalty). (2 RP)
- Languages: Ratiken and Common. Bonus: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Cornered Fury: Ratfolk can fight viciously when cut off from friends and allies. Whenever a ratfolk with this racial trait is reduced to half or fewer of his hit points, and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, he gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
- Scent: Some ratfolk have much more strongly developed senses of smell, instead of keen eyes and ears. These ratfolk have the scent ability, but take a -2 penalty on all Perception checks based primarily on sight or hearing. This racial trait replaces darkvision.
- Swarming: Ratfolk are used to living and fighting communally, and are adept at swarming foes for their own gain and their foes’ detriment. Up to two ratfolk can share the same square at the same time. If two ratfolk in the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. Replaces fast speed (reduced to normal speed of 30 ft).
- Unnatural: Some ratfolk unnerve normal animals, and train to defend themselves against the inevitable attacks from such creatures. These ratfolk take a -4 penalty on all Charisma-based skill checks to affect creatures of the animal type, and receive a +2 dodge bonus to AC against animals. An animal’s starting attitude toward ratfolk is one step worse than normal. This racial trait replaces rodent empathy.
- An animal’s starting attitude toward ratfolk is one step worse than normal. This racial trait replaces rodent empathy.