Kangu (12 RP)
Medium Humanoid (kangu)
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligent or Wisdom (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Kangu are humanoid with the Kangu subtype. (0 RP)
- Medium size: Kangu are medium so have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Kangu have a base speed of 30 feet (0 RP)
- Lowlight vision: Kangu can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Keen Senses: A Kangu skittish heritage grants them Alertness as a racial feat (+4 Perception). (2 RP)
- Expert Leaper: When making jump checks, Kangu are always considered to have a running start. Also, when they deliberately fall, a DC 15 Acrobatics check allows them to ignore the first 20 feet fallen, instead of the first 10 feet. (2 RP)
- Tail Attack: Kangu have a long, muscular tail. This gives them the ability to give a painful slap for 1d6 + Strength modifier bludgeoning damage and gain the Weapon Focus feat with this Unarmed Attack. They gain no penalty by making this attack do subdual damage and are able to take trip attack as a feat. (3 RP)
- Thick Skin: Kangu have a thick hide, so gain a +1 Natural Armor bonus. (2 RP)
- Fleet Footed: Kangu receive Run as a bonus feat and a +2 racial bonus on initiative checks. (2 RP)
- Language Kangan and Common. Bonus: Elven, Gnome and Sylvan.(0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Feet of Fury (Ex) The large, powerful feet of a Kangu make effective weapons. All Kangu automatically receive the martial artist (unarmed attacks, 1d6) and weapon finesse (kick) feats and a +4 racial bonus to Jump checks. Replaces tail attack.
- Healthy: Kangu gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases. Replaces thick skin.
- Sociable: When Kangu attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed. Replaces lowlight vision.
- Beguiling Liar: Kangu gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie. Replaces fleet footed or healthy.
- Plains Runner: Kangu love to run, so gain a +4 to Constitution checks during a forced march. Replaces healthy.
Kangu live on Animus, mostly in valleys protected from most predators. They have a tribal society similar to the Aborigines of Australia. They Kangu are a humanoid kangaroo; they are cousins to the Lepi. They evolved in rainforests, but left their protection to begin a hunter-gatherer existence on the plains.
Kangu were once high-strung herbivores with a, “hair-trigger” fight or flight instinct that favored flight. They developed sensitive ears and sharp eyes to more easily escape predators. Whether it was from lack of food, population or predatory pressure, no one knows. They are now omnivores and excel in the martial arts. Because of their muscular legs similar to a kangaroo, they are great leapers and use them in their natural kick attacks.
Kangu fur comes mostly in shades of gray and brown, but other colors are known. They are very prolific, twins are common and have few enemies. They are marsupials, like kangaroos.