Chosen of Ssliora
The “Chosen of Ssliora” is an acquired template that can be added to any reptilian creature, or other follower of Ssliora that is chosen by the Priesthood. They are paragons of their race that are chosen to guard the holy lake Takshila (or other holy site), to make sure the Gods rules are followed throughout the land. There are three types of Chosen: Huntsmen, Enforcers and Teachers. Usually, the alignment of a creature that becomes a chosen of Ssliora matches that of the God that invested it with power. Sometimes, however, a God punishes a wayward worshiper or an enemy of the faith by making it a Chosen of Ssliora.
Prerequisites: Reptilian race (naga, lizardfolk, etc).
Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +1.
Size and Type: Size and type are unchanged, but the creature might gain one or more alignment or elemental subtypes, depending on the alignment and portfolio of the deity that granted it the template. Possible subtypes include: air, chaotic, cold, earth, good, lawful, neutral and water. For instance, a Chosen of Ssliora would have the lawful and good subtypes, even if it were actually of some other alignment. Similarly, a neutral god of water and ice would grant its chosen of Ssliora the water and cold subtypes.
Initiative: A Chosen of Ssliora gains a +4 bonus on initiative rolls.
Speed: A Chosen of Ssliora is gifted with incredible speed. Each of its speeds is double the corresponding speed of the base creature. If the base creature flies, the Chosen of Ssliora maneuverability becomes perfect if it was not already. The water subtype, if acquired, grants the chosen a swim speed equal to its highest speed.
Defensive Abilities: A Chosen of Ssliora gains the following defensive abilities.
- Ability Healing (Ex): A Chosen of Ssliora heals 1 point of ability damage per round in each damaged ability score.
- Fast Healing (Ex): While a Chosen of Ssliora is in water, they have the fast healing ability.
- Immunity to Mind-Affecting Effects (Su): The Chosen of Ssliora are taught to guard their minds, so are immune to all mind-affecting effects.
- Immunity to Disease and Poison (Ex): Chosen of Ssliora are so hardy that they are immune to disease and poison.
Weaknesses: A Chosen of Ssliora has the following weakness.
- Bound to the Faith (Ex): A cleric or paladin of Ssliora can rebuke or command the Chosen of Ssliora as though it had only 1/2 the total Hit Dice (character level) it actually possesses. Establishing command over the Chosen of Ssliora is performed as described in the Command Undead feat, and uses one of the cleric or paladin’s daily channel energy abilities.
Special Attacks: A Chosen of Ssliora retains all the base creature’s special attacks and gains those described here.
- Dimension Door (Su): At will, a Chosen of Ssliora can use dimension door as the spell (caster level equals chosen of Ssliora Hit Dice) to reach any location within the Temple or Lake of Takshila (see Sacred Site, below). They can also use this ability in the dispensation of their duties.
Spell-Like Abilities: A Chosen of Ssliora gains spell-like abilities according to its Hit Dice, as indicated on the following table. These abilities are cumulative. Caster level equals chosen of Ssliora’s Hit Dice. The save DCs are Charisma-based.
Special Qualities: A Chosen of Ssliora retains all the base creature’s special qualities and gains those described here.
- Blessed Life (Ex): A Chosen of Ssliora does not age or breathe. They do not require food, drink, or sleep.
- Sacred Site (Ex): Each Chosen of Ssliora is assigned to guard a specific site sacred to the deity that invested it with power. This area may be a structure, series of structures, or natural site with clearly defined borders. It can be as large as a city, but in most cases it is a single temple complex or a sacred grove. The Chosen of Ssliora is charged with protecting the site from harm and preventing incursions by those not of the faith. Most Chosen guard the temple island of Takshila, but there are various shrines on the island of Nagpur/Slithoria
Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Wis +4, Cha +4.