Medium Humanoid (planetouched, native outsider, aquatic) (14 RP)
- Mixed Weakness: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence. (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Squaran are planetouched Humanoids with the native outsider and aquatic subtypes. Creatures with the aquatic subtype that can move in water without making Swim checks. Aquatic creatures always treat Swim as a class skill. (2 RP)
- Amphibious: Squaran are amphibious and can breathe both air and water. (2 RP)
- Medium: Squaran have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. They have a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Squaran have a base speed of 30 feet (0 RP)
- Swim Speed: Squaran have a swim speed of 30 feet. Squaran gains a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks that a swim speed normally grants. (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Squaran can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Watersense: Squaran can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same body of water. (1 RP)
- Tentacles: Squaran have 4 large and multiple small tendril-like appendages in place of hair. They are useful to aid in grappling and gain Improved Grapple as a bonus feat. These appendages can be used to hold small objects but not for combat. (4 RP)
- Camouflage: Squaran can change their skin color/texture to any variation found on the ocean floor[only use simple color patterns]. In the water they gain a +2 racial bonus to all Stealth skill checks with a +2 bonus per 4 levels, this ability doesn’t work in a dry environment. (2 RP)
- Language: Octaran and Aquan. Bonus: Any nearby race, usually an ally. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Lifesense: Octarans can sense electrical impulses and movement (in water only). Replaces lowlight vision.
- Ink Cloud: Squaran can emit an inky cloud that is treated as darkness, in water only, useable 1/day +1/4levels; they can use this ability to distract/repels another’s sense of smell; very effective on those with the scent ability. Replaces watersense.
- Legless: Squaran have no legs, and therefore cannot be tripped. Instead, they have tentacles. (-2 RP)
- Can choose any Octaran racial traits of equal price.
Squarans are more human-like; they are a cross between a humanoid race (human, gnome, elf, etc) and an Octaran. Usually, if the male is a humanoid then the offspring are born with legs, but variations are possible, and a rare few are able to change between tentacles and legs. Males are dark blue and females have lighter coloring.
A Squaran appears as a combination or variation of these pics. Depending on the humanoid contributor race.