This is a homebrew race of my creation, it can be used with either Pathfinder or 5e campaign settings. I made it with the Ultimate Player Race Creator [Kickstarter] rules, it is loosely based on the Akiridians of 3below animated series. Of course, DM permission is required.
Medium Outsider (air) 16 RP
- Ability Score Increase (Diverse Strengths): Your Main Ability score, Secondary Ability score and Extra Ability score each increase by 1. Select an ability score as the Main Ability, a different ability score as the Secondary Ability and yet another different ability score as the Extra Ability. 0 RP
- Medium Sized: Acadians are Medium-sized with an average height of 6’2″ and average 20 lbs in weight (this is their core, as a hologram has no weight). Their height can be a little taller but no shorter than 4′ 6″, and no lighter than 10 lbs. 0 RP
- Jovial Citizens: Most Acadians are lawful good. As a rule, they are goodhearted and kind, hate to see others in pain, and have no tolerance for oppression. They are also very orderly and traditional, leaning heavily on the support of their community and the comfort of their old ways. 0 RP
- Planar Lineage: Acadians’ history traversing the planes grants them insights into the planes and traveling between them. They have a +2 bonus to all Intelligence or Knowledge checks made about planar travel or general information pertaining to the inner or outer planes (all of the below, are signs of their outsider heritage). 1 RP
- Reformed: Acadians were once something quite different, and now they have been transformed. Their new maximum lifespan remains a mystery. So far, they have shown no signs of deterioration due to age. 0 RP
- Resonance Meditation: Acadians either train to restore themselves with harmonic resonances or are innately attuned to arcane frequencies. They can emit deep sounds from a spiritual core that resonate from within and in the area around them, these sounds are audible and can be easily heard up to 150 feet away. They can use these arcane harmonics to knit their wounds or restore leaden limbs, even if they are paralyzed or petrified or are otherwise unable to speak. This process takes 10 minutes of uninterrupted focus and the efforts are wasted if they lose concentration. At the end of this process, they can choose to regain a number of hit points equal to their level, or they can end one of the following conditions affecting them: Paralyzed, Poisoned, or Petrified. After the use of this ability, they can’t use it again until they finish a long rest. 3 RP
- Internal Starcharts: Acadians have traveled between the stars and the night sky is a familiar road map. If they have a clear view of the night sky, they can accurately find the north and determine the relative distance traveled and orientation from the last time they viewed the stars. 1 RP
- Gyroscopic: Despite the circumstances, Acadians always seem to land on their feet. They are immune to the prone condition. They may still choose to assume the prone position but cannot be forced prone. 1 RP
- Wanderlust: Acadians love to travel to far off places, picking up skills and knowledge as they go. They have a +2 bonus to Intelligence (History) or Knowledge (Any) checks. They also gain proficiency with one instrument of choice, and the ability to speak, read, and write one language of choice. 2 RP
- Weightless Drift: Through a mastery of gravity, leftover from their beginnings in Sky Home, Acadians drift gently downwards where others plummet. Their walking speed is 30 feet. When falling, their decent is only 60 feet per round. They can land on their feet and suffer no falling damage. 2 RP
- Lit from Within: Acadians possess an inborn magical light source. As a bonus action, they can cause magical light to emanate from some point on your body, causing it to shine a bright light of a color they choose in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. If that part of their body is completely covered, the light is blocked. As a bonus action, they can choose to emanate only dim light in a 20-foot radius or deactivate the light entirely. 1 RP
- Multi-Armed: Acadians possess more arms than the norm, a decided advantage when it comes to martial prowess. They have 2 extra arms. They may wield additional weapons with your extra arms. Holding a two-handed weapon requires two extra arms, only one shield can be carried, although this shield can be a large one, this requires 2 arms to hold. Your extra arms do not grant you additional attacks (unless the multiattack feat is taken), but they do grant you the ability to make off-hand attacks with larger weapons or with greater precision. When they take the Attack action and attack with a melee weapon that you’re holding, they can use a bonus action to attack with a different melee weapon that they’re holding in their extra hands. Don’t add the ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack.
- If a light weapon is used to make a bonus attack action, the ability modifier to damage is used. 5 RP
- Hologram: Acadian’s bodies are merely projections of hard light generated by a physical core. Whenever they drop to 0 or fewer hit points, their holographic body disappears, and they are reduced to their physical core, which drops to the ground. Their physical core is a magical or advanced technological object measuring only a few inches to aside. Their core can be picked up, moved, and otherwise stored normally. While reduced to their physical core, they are unconscious but automatically stabilized and do not need to make death saving throws.
- After they spend 1 hour while reduced to their core, they regain consciousness as their holographic body reforms around the core. Any previous conditions are removed, and they are restored to their maximum hit points. Reforming cannot take place if there is insufficient unoccupied space around the core for the body to occupy. If blocked in this way, they will remain reduced to their physical core until there is sufficient unoccupied space around the core.
- Their physical core is durable, but not indestructible. While reduced to a physical core, if their core is dealt 15 or more damage by a single attack or effect, it is destroyed, and they are instantly killed. 3 RP
- Technology Expert: Acadians are used to far more advanced technology than most people can even conceive of. They may add their proficiency bonus to any check relating to advanced technology or mechanical devices. 1 RP
- Ingrained Traditions: Acadians have traditions, customs, and habits that are so firmly held that they’re almost physically painful to go against. You must follow Akadis’ (Mother) orders. You must follow the Atlantean masters’ orders (Mothers orders supersede all others). [If this character is created prior to the Chaos Wars, this is in effect, but afterward, it is not.]
- Protect Mother.
- Seek knowledge and new experiences. Whenever they fail to uphold any of their traditions, they must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw, on a failed save they are compelled to uphold their tradition. If they are somehow prevented from upholding a tradition, they become stunned until the end of their next turn. – 1 RP
- Uninitiated: Acadians are ignorant of many historical facts due to their isolation in the cavern and their servitude with the Atlanteans. With the fall of the Atlanteans, they were recently introduced to the present world. They make all Intelligence (History) check at a disadvantage unless they have schooled themselves in recent history. -1 RP
- Autophobia: Acadians’ always work together, and they can get panicked and jittery unless they’re working with others (not necessarily others Acadians). They have a disadvantage on any attack roll against a creature unless at least one of their allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn’t incapacitated. – 3 RP
- Skyborn Linguists: Acadians can speak, read, and write Common and Auran and Akadi. 1 RP
Alternate Racial Traits
- Hacking: Acadians are able to hack into technological devices. They know the command spell and can cast it as a 1st-level spell. They may only target constructs or advanced technological devices with this spell. Once they have cast a spell in this way, they cannot do so again until after a short or long rest. 3 RP
- Reactive: Either through dedicated spacial awareness or a literal additional consciousness, Acadians seem able to focus on two things at once. They may make up to one additional reaction each round (for a total of up to 2 reactions on any given round). 5 RP
Acadians are a tall and slim race, to all outward appearances they look like four-armed elves, but with a closer look, there are many differences. They have an inner glow, four arms, their movement appears practiced, and they exude an otherworldly aura. Some Acadians have learned to take on the appearance of the more common humanoid races, to better fit in, but most revel in their differences.
Many of the racial traits listed above were given to them from their “Mother” Akadi. They are Native Outsiders with the air subtype but have many different abilities from standard ones. They are basically her eyes/ears and messengers. They love learning and controlling any technology, and later creating their own when they gained arms.