Small Humanoid (goblinoid, aquatic) (10 RP)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: They gain +4 Dexterity, –2 Strength, and –2 Charisma. Sea Goblins are weak and unpleasant to be around. (2 RP)
- Type: Sea Goblins are humanoids with the aquatic and goblinoid subtypes. (1 RP)
- Amphibious: Sea Goblins are amphibious and can breathe both air and water. A sea goblin uses its breathing both in and out of the water to breathe, but its skin must be kept moist and supple. When a sea goblin must make a saving throw against gases, contact or inhaled poisons or other inhaled effects it takes a –2 penalty on Fortitude. (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Sea Goblins can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Size: Sea Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Sea Goblins are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Swim Speed: An aquatic goblin has a swim speed of 30 feet. He can move through water at his swim speed without making Swim checks. He has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. He can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. He can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line. (this is included in the aquatic subtype)
- Skilled: Sea Goblins are slippery so gain a +4 racial bonus on Escape Artist. (2 RP)
- Camouflage: Sea Goblins can blend into their surroundings by subtle changes in their skin color. This grants a +4 circumstance bonus to Stealth checks. (2 RP)
- Languages: Sea Goblins speak Common and Goblin. Bonus: Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling, and Mu. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Cave Crawler: These sea goblins are born and raised in caves and rarely see the light of day. They gain a climb speed of 10 feet and the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks associated with having a climb speed. Replaces camouflage.
- City Scavenger: Sea Goblins who live in human cities survive by scavenging for refuse and hunting stray animals. Those with this trait gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Survival checks. They can use Survival to forage for food while in a city. This racial trait replaces skilled.
- Eat Anything: Raised with little or no proper food, many sea goblins have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Those with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause the nauseated or sickened conditions. This racial trait replaces camouflage.
- Hard Head, Big Teeth: Sea Goblins are known for their balloon-like heads and enormous maws, but some have even more exaggeratedly large heads filled with razor-sharp teeth. They gain a bite attack as a primary natural attack that deals 1d4 points of damage. This racial trait replaces skilled.
- Junk Tinker: Sea Goblins use cobbled-together equipment and vehicles that seem like they should never function. They gain a +2 racial bonus on driving checks and on Craft checks to build or repair weapons or vehicles without the proper tools. They can make the attempt with any material that can hold the right shape for a few uses, but normally unfit materials produce items with the fragile quality. Replaces skilled.
- Over-Sized Ears: While sea goblins’ ears are never dainty, these goblins have freakishly large ears capable of picking up even the smallest sounds. Sea Goblins with this racial trait gain a +4 bonus on Perception checks. This racial trait replaces skilled.
Sea Goblins are similar to the Tiki Goblins who live exclusively at sea, they live mostly in and around aquatic caves below Atlantia and many other continents. They are feared and reviled as ocean-dwelling piranhas. A band of aquatic goblins and their shark mounts is likely to swoop down on any individual or group perceived as weak, to strip it of everything from gold and jewelry to clothing and hides. Leaving a trail of junk behind them as they evaluate their loot, the bandits swim off in search of other unlucky victims.
Sea goblins to take up adventuring for many reasons. While most goblins are neutral evil, many have different beliefs and seek like-minded individuals outside the tribe. Some lack opportunities to advance, and tire of living on the scraps of those with more authority or higher social position.
They are called sea goblins but can live in any body of water, no matter the quality or location.
Sea goblins gained their aquatic modification during the Chaos Wars. They were originally cave goblins, but their home flooded and the waters were corrupted by wild magic. Many of the goblins died but the most adaptable were changed. Many tribes have different looks, some common traits are fins, webbed hands/feet, large heads/ears, and fanged mouths.
Note: All my races are made with the PFSRD Advanced Race Rules, along with my own alterations, often with help from friends and at times blurbs from forums.