Today’s figure is a male Litorian from Monte Cook’s Arcana Unearthed. He is wearing plate mail and greaves, wielding a shield and flamberge.
This can be used as a variation of Catfolk. I found a fan copy of them at: http://arcanaevolved.wikia.com/wiki/Litorians. Below is a Pathfinder conversion that I found at; http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?267899-Litorians-in-Pathfinder.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom. Litorians are physical adroit, but while their bodies can move with a blur of motion, too often their minds also move in a blur, and they often lack the ability to focus and discipline their perceptions as keenly as other races.
- Bonus Trait: Litorians can choose one of the three Litorian racial characteristics at 1st level. No matter which is chosen, the Litorian can only choose any one of these feats at one single time, but can later learn either or both of the others by expending a HD/level derived Feat to further develop their racial characteristics.
- Litorian base speed is 30 feet.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Litorians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Low-light vision: Litorians can see twice as far as humans in starlight, torchlight, moonlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They also retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Despite their impulsive natures, Litorians have adapted well to their wild surroundings. Litorians gain a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Perception and Survival checks
- Characteristic choices:
- Strongfang – The Litorian gains a Bite attack that does 1d6 Piercing +1/2 Str mod damage as a secondary weapon (at -5 to hit) or 1d6 P +1.5 Str mod as a primary attack. Additionally, if the Litorian spends their next level-dependent increase to Attributes on Strength, he gains 2 additional points of Strength instead of 1. Litorians who choose this trait tend to grow thick manes, usually darker than their overall fur color.
- Swiftpaws – The Litorian gains a +10 ft. racial bonus to its ground speed. Additionally, if the Litorian spends their next level-dependent increase to Attributes on Dexterity, he gains 2 additional points of Dexterity instead of 1. Litorians who choose this trait are lithe, and may even be thought emaciated.
- Longbreath – The Litorian gains the Scent exceptional ability. Additionally, if the Litorian spends their next level-dependent increase to Attributes on Constitution, he gains 2 additional points of Constitution instead of 1. Litorians who choose this trait are broad-chested and have wide noses, as well as broad faces and whiskers.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Litorian. Bonus Languages: Any.
A Litorian, and only a Litorian, can purchase more than one of these Characteristics using earned Feats, but does not gain the bonus to Ability advancement for Characteristics purchased this way, only the Scent, Bite or increased Speed characteristics. A Litorian can only start with one such ability (being unable to spend his 1st level feat choice on a second such Characteristic), and so cannot gain a second until he gains his next Feat choice, at 3rd level, and the third must wait until at least 5th level, when he gains his third open feat choice.
These Characteristics are (obviously) better than a standard Feat, but are designed to make the racial characteristics of a Litorian with Race levels available to a Litorian using Pathfinder rules, which, at this time, does not support the concept of racial levels.
Because of how ‘good’ these Characteristics are, the adjustment by level, they will end up with a bonus point of Strength, Dexterity or Constitution, which helps ‘catch them up.’ does not have the usual +2/+2/-2 Ability score adjustment of an Elf, Dwarf, etc. By fourth level, when they gain their first Ability score adjustment by level, they will end up with a bonus point of Strength, Dexterity or Constitution, which helps ‘catch them up.’