Mycili 14 RP
Small or Medium Fey (fey)
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength (0 RP)
- Fey: Mycili are plant-like creatures with supernatural abilities and connections to nature with the Fey subtype. (2 RP)
- Mycili gain a +2 resistance to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and polymorphing.
- Small: Mycili are small creatures, +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide check. (0 RP)
- Slow Speed: Mycili have a movement of 20 feet. (-1 RP)
- Blind: Mycili have no eyes. (-2 RP)
- Carrion Sense: Mycili have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. While their sense of smell isn’t as keen as that of other species, it is particularly attuned to the scent of injuries or death. This racial trait give them a limited scent ability, which only functions for corpses and badly wounded creatures (50% or fewer hit points). (1 RP)
- Sporespeech: Mycili are physically incapable of speaking and instead communicate with others that have been exposed to their spores via a limited form of telepathy called “sporespeech.” Mycili may still cast spells with verbal components and/or make use of bardic music abilities (and any other effect that requires audible communication) using sporespeech just as well as a speaking creature can. Their passive spores travel as far as a voice can carry and a mycili can choose who “hears” their sporespeech about as well as a normal person can (in a manner similar to adjusting the volume of one’s voice). Sporespeech can be “overheard” with a Perception check just as easily as a normal voice can. Mycili who are sufficiently bound cannot use sporespeech as it prevents the spread of their spores. A Mycili may still use Silent Spell to cast spells while so bound, or without anyone “hearing” the verbal component of their spells. (2 RP)
- Spore Cloud (Sleep): Mycili gain the ability to create a cloud of spores (sleep), range 10 feet. At Will: These spores affect all breathing creatures as a sleep spell . They must make a Will save (DC 12). If they fail they fall asleep for 1d4+4 rounds. If they save for 1/2, they are slowed for the same amount of time. (1 RP)
- Grasping Tendrils: Mycili gain the Improved Grapple Feat, they are able to grapple with opponents 1 size smaller or less. They have 2 tendrils that can whip out and deal 1d4 damage per tendril that hits (2 RP)
- Take Root: Mycili gain the ability to take root 2/day to heal injuries as normal healing from sleep. (2 RP)
- Camouflage, greater: Mycili gain the ability to appear as any fungus species including Myconids, of their size. (3 RP)
- Sticky Tendril: Mycili use one of their Tendrils as a tongue/lure. They are able to grab nearby objects as if it had the attach quality. This tendril has a toxic gel coating it that imparts paralysis to the creature grabbed. (3 RP)
- Language: Sporespeach and Common. Bonus: Elven, Halfling, Gnome and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Life Infusion (heal): Mycili gain the ability to heal 1d6 of damage 1/day + Wisdom modifier. Replaces spore cloud.
- Impaling Tendrils: Mycili gain the ability to stiffen their Tendrils into spears, 1d8 damage, 2/day. Replaces camouflage.
- Improved Sticky Tongue: Mycili gain the ability to pull objects of their own size with their sticky tongue tendril. (Keeps the previous traits) Replaces sticky tendril.
- Low-Light Vision: Mycili can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. Replaces carrion sense.
- Tremorsense: Mycili gain tremorsense out to 30 feet. Replaces carrion sense.
This a race of humanoid mushrooms, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are often mistaken for Myconids, but are Fey instead of Plants.