Fey (12 RP)
Small Fey (fey)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength (0 RP)
- Fey: Fey are supernatural creatures with strong ties to Nature, they have the fey subtype. (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Fey can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Eternal Youth: Fey don’t age like mortals, and cannot die from old age. Upon reaching adulthood Fey can stop physical aging at any point they choose. They can look like a child, adult or wizened.
- Small: Fey gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Fey have a movement of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Fey Affinity (choose one): The fey gains a +2 racial skill bonus pertaining to this affinity [gaining a (2 RP)
- Nature (plant, animal, element)
- Magic (shadow, illusion, trickery, protection, etc) [ +2 to the DC of the spell school chosen.]
- Muse (creativity of all kinds: writing, painting, singing, etc)
- Fey Damage Resistance: Fey gain DR 5/cold iron. (2 RP).
- Fey Blood: Fey are immune to magic sleep effects, disease and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects. This bonus increases by +1 for every two levels the Fey attains. (2 RP)
- Lucky, lesser: Fey gain a +1 bonus to all saving throws. (1 RP)
- Fey powers [Choose one]: (3 RP)
- Bond to the Land: Fey gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC while in the forest (or chosen terrain).
- Fey Sight: Fey are not fooled by illusions. They see through them as if they had True Seeing cast on them. This also makes them immune to the effects of glamour, and they may see the true identity of anyone they encounter, even if the individual has been polymorphed.
- Glamour: Fey are so in tune with the natural world that they can appear as an animal, insect or plant; this is not invisibility but a form of natural camouflage. They gain a +4 racial bonus to Stealth, some humans with a strong Will can see through it (30% chance). Will save at DC 16
- Vanish (Su): As a swift action, a fey creature can vanish for 1 round as if affected by invisibility. It can use this ability for 1 round per day per Hit Die.
- Treesinger: Fey can create objects out of wood by singing to a tree, causing it to shape itself (or part of itself) into the object in question. They gain the Craft (treesinging) skill. The skill may be used untrained but the items created will be primitive and not refined.
- Fascination: Once per day, a Fey can create a 20-foot-radius burst that causes humanoids within the aura’s range to become fascinated with the user (as the bard’s fascinate bardic performance). Affected humanoids may resist this effect by making a successful Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the user’s character level + the user’s Charisma modifier).
- Spell Resistance (Ex): A Fey gains SR equal to 11 + its CR.
- Long Step (Su): Fey can teleport up to 10 feet per Hit Die as a move action. It may use this ability once every 1d4 rounds.
- Polymorph Self: Fey can shapeshift 2/day. They can transform themselves into any creature from Diminutive to Medium size. The transformation lasts for their Wisdom modifier + ½ their level in rounds. The drawback is that it’s not perfect; there is always something that looks wrong.
- Languages: Sylvan and Common. Bonus: Draconic, Dwarf, Elf, Etherian and Nagan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Wild Empathy: This ability works like the druid’s wild empathy class feature, except that a fey has a +4 racial bonus on the check. Replaces lucky, lesser.
- Trackless Step: A Fey does not leave a trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. It can choose to leave a trail, if it so desires. Replaces fey sight.
- Woodland Stride: A Fey can move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at its normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect it. Optionally, this ability may function in a different type of terrain, to allow the fey creature to move through, swamps, rocky areas, ice, and so forth. Whatever the choice, this ability only functions in one type of terrain. Replaces fey immunities.
- Flight: Fey have a fly speed of 30 feet with clumsy maneuverability.Replaces fey powers.
- Spell-like Abilities: Fey gain the at will spell-like ability (choose 1)– ghostsound dancing lights or minor image. 1/day (choose 2)—blink, chaos, confusion, cure light wounds, dazzle, entangle, hold person, illusion, fairy feast, mirror image, polymorph object or polymorph person. 1/week (choose 1)—blight, curse, grant wish, restore, magic item or reincarnate. These abilities are as the spell cast by a sorcerer of the Fey’s character level. Replaces fey powers.
Originally, Fey came from another plane called the Feywild. Like others on Aquatica, they were pulled here during the Chaos Wars. Now they live on Feyland, a surreal land of giant trees, mushrooms and other flora and fauna. These are found nowhere else on Aquatica. Normal laws of physics don’t apply here, because the land itself came from the Feywild many of its qualities stayed. Fey come from a supernatural world where distances are fluid and based on misdirection or force of will.
These fey live in a South American style society, they are peaceful unless provoked.
Elf, Astral (14 RP)
Medium Humanoid (elf, planetouched, astral)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Constitution. (0 RP)
- Size: Elves are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
- Type: Elves are Humanoids with the elf and planetouched (astral) subtypes. (2 RP)
- Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Astral Heritage: Elves are descended from the Astralus, so gain one Astralus racial trait of choice. (2 RP)
- Base Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks. (2 RP)
- Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects. (2 RP)
- Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items. (3 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon. (2 RP)
- Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Bonus: Atlantean, Celestial, Draconic, Etherian, Gnome, and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Darkvision: Though uncommon, some groups of elves are born with darkvision, rather than low-light vision. In many cases this is taken as a sign of a dark elf (from teranik) in the elf’s ancestry, and can lead to persecution within the elf’s home community. Elves with this racial trait gain darkvision with a range of 60 feet, but also gain sensitivity to light and are dazzled in areas of bright light or within the radius of a daylight spell. This racial trait replaces low-light vision.
- Dragon Magic (3 RP): Some elves have potent draconic blood. Elves with this racial trait who take a draconic bloodline as a class feature treat their Charisma scores as 2 points higher when determining the DC and uses per day of all bloodline abilities and bloodline spells. Additionally, elves with this trait add spells with the draconic descriptor to their class spell lists for any spellcasting classes in which they have levels. Source PPC:LoD
- Dreamspeaker: A few elves have the ability to tap into the power of sleep, dreams, and prescient reverie. Elves with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs of spells of the divination school and sleep effects they cast. In addition, elves with Charisma scores of 15 or higher may use dream once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level is equal to the elf’s character level). This racial trait replaces elven immunities.
- Fey Magic: The character has a mystic connection to one terrain type, selected from the ranger’s favored terrain list. The character selects three 0-level druid spells and one 1st-level druid spell. If the character has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, when in the selected terrain, she gains these spells as spell-like abilities that can be cast once per day. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for the spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Charisma modifier. These spells are treated as being from a fey source for the purposes of the druid’s resist nature’s lure class feature and similar abilities. This trait replaces keen senses. Source HotW
- Light against Darkness: Elves have fought against the corruption of demons since time immemorial. Elves with this trait receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against outsiders with the demon subtype. This racial trait replaces elven magic. Source PRG:HA
Elves are the fallen children of the Astralus that lost their astral nature as a result of the Mage Wars. They are the younger cousins/descendants of the Astralus and live on the island of Avalonia between Atlantia and Anthroporia. They are taught from birth how their ancestors and the Atlanteans fought the Mage Wars.
Dinoterran (unjoined) (12 RP)
Medium humanoid (saurian, humanoid)
- Flexible: Dinoterrans gain a + 2 to 2 ability scores of choice. (1 RP)
- Medium: Dinoterrans are medium size. (0 RP)
- Type: Dinoterrans are humanoids with the sauran subtype. (0 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Dinoterrans can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Dual Minded: Dinoterrans appear human but they have a separation in their brain that sets them apart (saurian hind brain). This gives them a +2 save vs Will for spells that target humanoids and saurian are only half as effective. (1 RP)
- Standard Speed: Dinoterrans have a standard speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Dinofriend: Because of their dinosaur ancestry they gain a +4 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks with Herbivores. (2 RP)
- Elemental Affinity (skill): All Dinoterrans have an affinity for a certain element when they come of age they are tested (or pick) for this affinity. They gain a +2 racial bonus to a craft or profession skill check. (2 RP)
- Earth: farmer, craftsman, builder, engineer, etc.
- Air: flyer (pteradon, or other flying creature), windmill operator, pilot (blimp, gyrocopter, glider, etc).
- Fire: blacksmith, inventor, scientist, teacher, etc.
- Water: fisherman, sailor, dam operator, plumber, etc.
- Sunstone Bond: All Dinoterrans are attuned to their city’s sunstone. While in the field of this or a satellite stone, they gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC versus carnivores. This bond only stays in effect while following the Bond Code: never eat meat of an intelligent creature (fish and insects don’t count) and only do violence in self-defense or defense of others. (2 RP)
- Healthy: Dinoterrans gain a +4 Fortitude save vs poison and disease because of their diet (vegetarian, with fish and insects) and clean living. (2 RP)
- Skill Training: Dinoterrans gain 2 skills of their choice which are always considered class skills. (1 RP)
- Language: Saurian and Common. Bonus: Draconic, Dwarf, Elven, and Gnome. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Dinoterrans gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their armor class. Replaces dual minded.
- Stubborn: Dinoterrans gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) subschools. In addition, if a Dinoterran fails such a save, they receive another save one round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than one round). The second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the Dinoterran has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), they can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. Replaces healthy.
- Fast Healing: Dinoterrans with this ability regain 1 hit point each round. Except for where noted here, fast healing is just like natural healing. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, nor does allow a creature to regrow lost body parts. Fast healing continues to function (even at negative hit points) until a member of this race guides, at which point the effects of fast healing immediately end. Special: This trait can be taken multiple times. Each time fast healing is taken, its cost increases by 1 RP. Replaces skill training.
The Saurians were a powerful race during the Mage Wars. They sided with the Astralus (Astral Elves) against the Atlanteans. Saurians were extremely gifted with psionics and elemental powers. Many died during the Mage Wars, the few that survived, quickly devolved from an Atlanteans curse or died of old age. Instead of devolving some Saurians (30%) split into humanoids and primitive Saurians/Dinosaurs (full size). A few out of every generation of their descendants is reborn as a strong leader in time of need. When one of these becomes the leader, there is a 20% chance of him/her merging with their other half.
I decided to create a race with characteristics of a naga and humanoid. This will be a Pathfinder advanced player race with average to advanced RP.
I will be taking my information from recorded legends of this race. One of my major points will be that the serpent races are all related so will be considered one race, that is separated by clan/caste. (ex: naga, yuan-ti, serpentfolk, maralith, lamia, etc). Nobles will be able to shift to full human or any stage in between.
Deva-Nagaru (People of the Snake)
Before the Chaos Wars, Naga were a serpent worshiping mountain tribe that lived on Nagloka (Nagpur). When the war was at its worst, during a snake dance, a wild magic storm hit. All the participants were affected. Some immediately, until the next full moon and a rare few didn’t have the trait appear but their children did. The mutation varied depending on the tribe, inclination and nearness to snakes. Because most nobles are dragon-blooded they eventually gained control and became shifters. Others show their serpent traits in appearance and temperament.
Their cousins on the other side of island in Slithoria (change), had a similar occurrence but with lizards during a lizard dance. They had a worst effect, because the predatory nature of the lizards was stronger and all but subsumed their humanity. Many of the lizardfolk became violent and warlike as a result.
So came the war. Lizard vs snake. Their draconic cousins on the nearby island of Dracoria eventually enforced a peace before their mutual destruction. They created a neutral zone around the holy lake of Takshila. The Goddess Devangara created the winged naga in her image to be protectors of the peace around the holy lake.
The seven tribes are as follows (add subtype as needed):
- Marindara: Any N, eel or see snake lower body, humanoid upper. small-medium.
- Nagan: N-NG, fully scaled, snake-headed humanoids. small-large
- Quezl-Nagan: N-NG, fully scaled, rainbow colored winged (feathers) snake. small-large
- Maralith: Any-partial to fully scaled humanoid upper body with snake head, un-scaled lower humanoid body. small-medium
- Yuan-ti: Any-N, fully scaled humanoid upper body with snake head, scaled lower snake body. small-medium
- Lamia: NG-N, humanoid upper body, snake lower. small-medium
- Noble: Any N, can look or shift to any of the above or a combination off traits. Many show dragonblood traits as well. small-medium
See later posts for more on the seven tribes.
I found a progenitor to my Atlantean race. They are the Anunnaki from the new Pathfinder Bestiary 5. They will be NPCs because they are Mythic.
Here is a link to the d20pfsrd for them. Some of the abilities that I really like are:
- bestow knowledge
- mimetic memory
- morphic anatomy
- morphic body
- psychic warding
These are perfect abilities for the Atlantean biomancers. The Devolution ability makes the degeneration of humans in my campaign possible.
Wild Halfling 12 RP
Small humanoid (Halfling)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma (0 RP)
- Type: Wild Halflings are humanoids with the halfling subtype. (0 RP)
- Small: Wild Halflings gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. Small races have a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Wild Halflings have a base speed 30 feet (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Wild Halflings can see in the dark up to 60 ft. (2 RP)
- Telepathic: Wild Halflings can communicate telepathically with any creature within 30’ + 10’/2 levels, just as if speaking to him or her. The halfling can only speak and listen to one person at a time, and he must share a common language with the person or creature he speaks to telepathically, otherwise the telepathic link fails. (3 RP)
- Mute: Wild Halflings are unable to speak vocally. (-1 RP)
- Keen Senses: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Fearless: Wild Halflings gain a +2 to all saving throws vs fear checks. They don’t even have a concept for fear, have no regard for injury or death. (1 RP)
- Skilled: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Survival skill checks. (2 RP)
- Nature Bond: Wild Halflings gain on of the following abilities below: (2 RP)
- Animal Bond: Wild Halflings gain the ability to bond to a specific animal (as a Ranger animal companion).
- Animal Speech: Wild Halflings gain the ability to speak to any animal (as Wild Empathy).
- Wrangler: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to handle animal skill checks.
- Stalker: Wild Halflings gain Perception and Stealth as class skills. (1 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Wild Halflings are skilled with any type of primitive weapon, but especially thrown or missile weapons. They gain a +1 to attack and may use their Dexterity modifier instead of Strength modifier for damage all rolls (+2 for thrown weapons, and add 20’ to the range). (2 RP)
- Xenophobic: Wild Halflings start with Halfling only. Bonus: Common, Elven, Saurian and Sylvan.
- They receive a -2 penalty to Diplomacy from other races. (-2 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Scent: Wild Halflings gain the scent ability. Replaces skilled
- Bite: Wild Halflings gain the bite natural attack, 1d4 damage. Replaces a nature bond ability.
The halflings living on Dinoterra are tribal barbarians that ride raptors. Their favorite prey is T-Rex, but they’ll eat any meat.
They are mostly a reclusive and secretive people, with a silent language that merges psionics, sign and body language. A few Rangers and Druids have been able to have a limited conversation with Wild Empathy.
Tiki Goblin (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Tiki Goblins are fast, but weak and unpleasant to be around. They gain +4 Dexterity, –2 Strength, and –2 Charisma. (2 RP)
- Type: Tiki Goblins are humanoids with the goblinoid subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Tiki Goblins see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Size: Tiki Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Tiki Goblins are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet. (1 RP)
- Skilled: Tiki Goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Ride and Stealth checks. (2 RP)
- Tiki Shell: All Tiki Goblins are encased in a large coconut shell with magical properties. This gives them the ability to decorate it with tribal markings and gives them a +1 to Natural Armor. (1 RP)
- Rope Runner: Tiki Goblins live on a city ship their whole lives. They learn to climb and rope-walk as soon as they can walk. This is natural to them. These goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks. (2 RP)
- Swarming: Tiki Goblins are used to living and fighting communally with other members of their race. 1-4 Tiny and 2-4 Small members of this race can share the same square at the same time (they often stand on each other like a totem pole. If two members of this race that are occupying the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. (2 RP)
- Languages: Tiki Goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Bonus: Common, Badgen, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling, and Lutra. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Eat Anything Raised with little or no proper food, many tiki goblins have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Tiki Goblins with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause
- Junk Tinker: Tiki Goblins use ramshackle equipment and vehicles that seem like they should never function. Tiki Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on driving checks and on Craft checks to build or repair weapons or vehicles without the proper tools. They can make the attempt with any material that can hold the right shape for a few uses, but normally unfit materials produce items with the fragile quality. This racial trait alters skilled, replacing the racial bonus on Stealth checks. Source: PCS:ISR
- Weapon Familiarity: Tiki Goblins’ traditional weapons are the harpoon and the blowgun, useful weapons on their home, the sea. Tiki Goblins with this trait are proficient with harpoon and blowgun, and treat any weapon with the word “goblin” in it as martial weapons. This racial trait replaces skilled.
- Sea Scavenger Tiki Goblins survive by scavenging for sea flotsam, refuse and hunting other creatures. Goblins with this trait gain a +2 racial
- bonus on Perception and Survival checks, and can use Survival to forage for food while on the sea. This racial trait replaces skilled.
The following feats are available to a tiki goblin character who meets the prerequisites.
- Ankle Biter
- Battle Singer
- Burn! Burn! Burn!
- Dog Killer, Horse Hunter
- Fire Hand
- Fire Tamer
- Flame Heart
- Goblin Gunslinger
- Letter Fury
- Lead From the Back
- Roll With It
- Tangle Feet
These are sea goblins dressed in coconuts (like box trolls). They accessorize their shells with trophies from sea creatures; use spears, harpoons, nets and blowguns.
These goblins sail the sea on city ships with hundreds+ of inhabitants, capturing ships and raiding coastal cities.