I decided to create a race with characteristics of a naga and humanoid. This will be a Pathfinder advanced player race with average to advanced RP.
I will be taking my information from recorded legends of this race. One of my major points will be that the serpent races are all related so will be considered one race, that is separated by clan/caste. (ex: naga, yuan-ti, serpentfolk, maralith, lamia, etc). Nobles will be able to shift to full human or any stage in between.
Deva-Nagaru (People of the Snake)
Before the Chaos Wars, Naga were a serpent worshiping mountain tribe that lived on Nagloka (Nagpur). When the war was at its worst, during a snake dance, a wild magic storm hit. All the participants were affected. Some immediately, until the next full moon and a rare few didn’t have the trait appear but their children did. The mutation varied depending on the tribe, inclination and nearness to snakes. Because most nobles are dragon-blooded they eventually gained control and became shifters. Others show their serpent traits in appearance and temperament.
Their cousins on the other side of island in Slithoria (change), had a similar occurrence but with lizards during a lizard dance. They had a worst effect, because the predatory nature of the lizards was stronger and all but subsumed their humanity. Many of the lizardfolk became violent and warlike as a result.
So came the war. Lizard vs snake. Their draconic cousins on the nearby island of Dracoria eventually enforced a peace before their mutual destruction. They created a neutral zone around the holy lake of Takshila. The Goddess Devangara created the winged naga in her image to be protectors of the peace around the holy lake.
The seven tribes are as follows (add subtype as needed):
- Marindara: Any N, eel or see snake lower body, humanoid upper. small-medium.
- Nagan: N-NG, fully scaled, snake-headed humanoids. small-large
- Quezl-Nagan: N-NG, fully scaled, rainbow colored winged (feathers) snake. small-large
- Maralith: Any-partial to fully scaled humanoid upper body with snake head, un-scaled lower humanoid body. small-medium
- Yuan-ti: Any-N, fully scaled humanoid upper body with snake head, scaled lower snake body. small-medium
- Lamia: NG-N, humanoid upper body, snake lower. small-medium
- Noble: Any N, can look or shift to any of the above or a combination off traits. Many show dragonblood traits as well. small-medium
See later posts for more on the seven tribes.
I found a progenitor to my Atlantean race. They are the Anunnaki from the new Pathfinder Bestiary 5. They will be NPCs because they are Mythic.
Here is a link to the d20pfsrd for them. Some of the abilities that I really like are:
- bestow knowledge
- mimetic memory
- morphic anatomy
- morphic body
- psychic warding
These are perfect abilities for the Atlantean biomancers. The Devolution ability makes the degeneration of humans in my campaign possible.
Wild Halfling 12 RP
Small humanoid (Halfling)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma (0 RP)
- Type: Wild Halflings are humanoids with the halfling subtype. (0 RP)
- Small: Wild Halflings gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. Small races have a space of 5 feet by 5 feet and a reach of 5 feet. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Wild Halflings have a base speed 30 feet (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Wild Halflings can see in the dark up to 60 ft. (2 RP)
- Telepathic: Wild Halflings can communicate telepathically with any creature within 30’ + 10’/2 levels, just as if speaking to him or her. The halfling can only speak and listen to one person at a time, and he must share a common language with the person or creature he speaks to telepathically, otherwise the telepathic link fails. (3 RP)
- Mute: Wild Halflings are unable to speak vocally. (-1 RP)
- Keen Senses: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Fearless: Wild Halflings gain a +2 to all saving throws vs fear checks. They don’t even have a concept for fear, have no regard for injury or death. (1 RP)
- Skilled: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Survival skill checks. (2 RP)
- Nature Bond: Wild Halflings gain on of the following abilities below: (2 RP)
- Animal Bond: Wild Halflings gain the ability to bond to a specific animal (as a Ranger animal companion).
- Animal Speech: Wild Halflings gain the ability to speak to any animal (as Wild Empathy).
- Wrangler: Wild Halflings gain a +2 racial bonus to handle animal skill checks.
- Stalker: Wild Halflings gain Perception and Stealth as class skills. (1 RP)
- Weapon Familiarity: Wild Halflings are skilled with any type of primitive weapon, but especially thrown or missile weapons. They gain a +1 to attack and may use their Dexterity modifier instead of Strength modifier for damage all rolls (+2 for thrown weapons, and add 20’ to the range). (2 RP)
- Xenophobic: Wild Halflings start with Halfling only. Bonus: Common, Elven, Saurian and Sylvan.
- They receive a -2 penalty to Diplomacy from other races. (-2 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Scent: Wild Halflings gain the scent ability. Replaces skilled
- Bite: Wild Halflings gain the bite natural attack, 1d4 damage. Replaces a nature bond ability.
The halflings living on Dinoterra are tribal barbarians that ride raptors. Their favorite prey is T-Rex, but they’ll eat any meat.
They are mostly a reclusive and secretive people, with a silent language that merges psionics, sign and body language. A few Rangers and Druids have been able to have a limited conversation with Wild Empathy.
Tiki Goblin (12 RP)
Small Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Ability Score Racial Traits: Tiki Goblins are fast, but weak and unpleasant to be around. They gain +4 Dexterity, –2 Strength, and –2 Charisma. (2 RP)
- Type: Tiki Goblins are humanoids with the goblinoid subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Tiki Goblins see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)
- Size: Tiki Goblins are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks. (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Tiki Goblins are fast for their size, and have a base speed of 30 feet. (1 RP)
- Skilled: Tiki Goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Ride and Stealth checks. (2 RP)
- Tiki Shell: All Tiki Goblins are encased in a large coconut shell with magical properties. This gives them the ability to decorate it with tribal markings and gives them a +1 to Natural Armor. (1 RP)
- Rope Runner: Tiki Goblins live on a city ship their whole lives. They learn to climb and rope-walk as soon as they can walk. This is natural to them. These goblins gain a +4 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Climb checks. (2 RP)
- Swarming: Tiki Goblins are used to living and fighting communally with other members of their race. 1-4 Tiny and 2-4 Small members of this race can share the same square at the same time (they often stand on each other like a totem pole. If two members of this race that are occupying the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares. (2 RP)
- Languages: Tiki Goblins begin play speaking Goblin. Bonus: Common, Badgen, Draconic, Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling, and Lutra. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Eat Anything Raised with little or no proper food, many tiki goblins have learned to survive by eating whatever they happen across and can digest nearly anything without getting sick. Tiki Goblins with this trait gain a +4 on Survival checks to forage for food and a +4 racial bonus on saves versus effects that cause
- Junk Tinker: Tiki Goblins use ramshackle equipment and vehicles that seem like they should never function. Tiki Goblins gain a +2 racial bonus on driving checks and on Craft checks to build or repair weapons or vehicles without the proper tools. They can make the attempt with any material that can hold the right shape for a few uses, but normally unfit materials produce items with the fragile quality. This racial trait alters skilled, replacing the racial bonus on Stealth checks. Source: PCS:ISR
- Weapon Familiarity: Tiki Goblins’ traditional weapons are the harpoon and the blowgun, useful weapons on their home, the sea. Tiki Goblins with this trait are proficient with harpoon and blowgun, and treat any weapon with the word “goblin” in it as martial weapons. This racial trait replaces skilled.
- Sea Scavenger Tiki Goblins survive by scavenging for sea flotsam, refuse and hunting other creatures. Goblins with this trait gain a +2 racial
- bonus on Perception and Survival checks, and can use Survival to forage for food while on the sea. This racial trait replaces skilled.
The following feats are available to a tiki goblin character who meets the prerequisites.
- Ankle Biter
- Battle Singer
- Burn! Burn! Burn!
- Dog Killer, Horse Hunter
- Fire Hand
- Fire Tamer
- Flame Heart
- Goblin Gunslinger
- Letter Fury
- Lead From the Back
- Roll With It
- Tangle Feet
These are sea goblins dressed in coconuts (like box trolls). They accessorize their shells with trophies from sea creatures; use spears, harpoons, nets and blowguns.
These goblins sail the sea on city ships with hundreds+ of inhabitants, capturing ships and raiding coastal cities.
Mothbat (16/24 RP)
Tiny Aberration (vampiric)
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength. (0 RP)
- Tiny: Mothbats gain a +2 size bonus to Dexterity and a -2 size penalty to Strength. Tiny races gain a +2 size bonus to their AC, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, a -2 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +8 size bonus on Stealth. (4 RP)
- Aberration: Mothbats are Aberrations with the vampiric subtype. (3 RP)
- Dark vision: Mothbats have darkvision 60 ft.
- Slow Speed: Mothbats have a slow speed of 20 ft. (-1 RP)
- Flight: Mothbats have a fly speed of 30 feet with clumsy maneuverability. (4 RP)
- Keen Senses: Mothbats gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Attach: Mothbats can attach to their prey with their strong legs to feed with their proboscis. (2 RP)
- Euphoric Aura: When a Mothbat finds its prey it flies around the creature, exuding its aura into a cloud. This aura is treated at the spell Euphoric Cloud but with a range of 10 ft + 2 ft per level or per Mothbat. (2 RP)
Additional Traits (during Lunar Conjunction)
- Carrion Sense: Mothbats have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. This functions like the scent ability, but only for corpses and badly wounded creatures (creatures with 25% or fewer hit points). (1 RP)
- Blood Craving: Mothbats gain a craving for blood. (-1 RP)
- Bite: Mothbats gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1 point of damage. Their fangs exude a fluid that numbs the site while they drink their fill. (1 RP)
- Swarm: Mothbats group together into swarms to hunt and feed. (2 RP)
- Plagueborn: Mothbats race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened. (1 RP)
- Shadow Resistance: Mothbats gain Perception and Stealth as class skills. (2 RP)
- Shadow Blending: Attacks made against Mothbats while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This trait does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance. This is a supernatural ability. (2 RP)
Mothbats look like a combination of a large moth and a small bat. They have brown eyes, moth wings, antenna-like ears, snub-nose, proboscis, and 6 legs insect-like legs. Normally they are active at twilight and their preferred food is goat (or similar animal) milk. Mothbats are rarely seen far from their chosen herd and often flying in small groups of 4-6.
Every 4-7 years when the planets and moons align and create a conjunction, everything changes. During these 3 days, the Mothbats become feral and crave blood. Their eyes change to glowing red, snouts lengthen and grow Â½â€ fangs. If they sense a dead or dying creature nearby they will flocks to it, swarm and drain it of blood. Rarely this will extend from animal to human.
They look like a combination of the images below. The vampire bat is their corrupted form.
Ferret [also weasel, mink, or stoat] (12 RP)
Medium Humanoid (animalfolk)
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Ferrets are humanoids with the animalfolk subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Ferrets have darkvision up to 60 ft. (2 RP)
- Medium Size: Ferrets have no bonuses or negatives due to their size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Ferrets have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Ferrets gain a +2 racial bonus on all Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Tunnel Rat: Ferrets gain a +4 racial bonus to Perception and Stealth while underground and are treated as one size smaller than normal for the purpose of squeezing through tunnels. (3 RP)
- Plagueborn: Ferrets gain a +2 vs disease, poisons, sickened and nauseated conditions. (1 RP)
- Special Ability (choose 1): (4 RP)
- Sneaky: Ferrets gain a +4 racial bonus on all Stealth skill checks.
- Scavenger: Ferrets gain a +2 racial bonus on all Appraise and Perception skill checks when searching for food and other items.
- Silver Tongued: Ferrets gain a +2 racial bonus to all Bluff and Diplomacy checks.
- Cornered Fury: Whenever a ferret is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, it gains a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class.
- Languages: Ferrin and Common. Bonus: Atlantean, Badgen, Dwarf, Goblin, and Halfling.(0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Defensive Training, lesser: Ferrets gain favored enemy (humanoid of choice) and +4 dodge bonus to AC against them. Replaces darkvision but gains lowlight vision.
- Silent Hunter: Ferrets race reduce the penalty for usingStealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait). Replaces keen senses.
- Urbanite: Ferrets gain a +2 racial bonus onDiplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation. Replaces Plagueborn.
Link: <a href=”http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-7275332-12911469″>
<img src=”http://www.awltovhc.com/image-7275332-12911469″ width=”300″ height=”250″ alt=”$15 Off Your First Box at FullCircle.com with code EATFRESH” border=”0″/></a>
Mole/Vole (14 RP)
Medium Humanoid (animal-folk)
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence. Moles are strong and sturdy but a little
slow. (0 RP)
- Humanoid: Moles are humanoids with the animal-folk subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Moles can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft away. (1 RP)
- Light Blindness: When moles are exposed to abrupt bright light it blinds them for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.(-2 RP)
- Medium Size: Moles have no bonuses or
negatives due to their size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Moles have a base speed of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Burrow: Moles gain a burrow speed of 20 feet. Special: This trait can be taken twice. The second time it is taken, the burrow speed increases to 30 feet. (3 RP)
- Whiskers: Moles can sense vibrations in the earth, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same area of earth/stone. (1 RP)
- Keen Senses: Moles receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Tunnel Rat: Moles gain a +2 racial bonus to Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival skill checks. (2 RP)
- Know Direction: Moles always know north and direction of their home. (1 RP)
- Healthy: Moles gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases. (2 RP)
- Stubborn: Moles gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm) and enchantment (compulsion) sub schools. In addition, if a member of this race fails such a save, it receives another save 1 round later to prematurely end the effect (assuming the spell or spell-like ability has a duration greater than 1 round). This second save is made at the same DC as the first. If the member of the race has a similar ability from another source (such as a rogue’s slippery mind class feature), it can only use one of these abilities per round, but can try the other on the second round if the first reroll ability fails. (2 RP)
- Craftsman: Moles gain a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks to create objects from earth, metal or stone. (1 RP)
- Stone Cunning: Moles race receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking. (1 RP)
- Languages: Common and Molin. Bonus: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Lutran, Terran and Undercommon. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Gregarious: Moles are naturally charming and social. Whenever Moles use Diplomacy to win over an individual, that creature takes a -2 penalty on attempts to resist any of the moles’ Charisma-based skills for the next 24 hours. Replaces healthy.
- Stability: Moles receive a +4 racial bonus to their CMD when resisting bull rush or trip attempts while standing on the ground. Replaces craftsman.
- Tough Hide: Moles gain a +1 to their Natural Armor. Replaces keen senses.
- Watersense: Moles gain the ability to sense water with a 60 ft range. Replaces stonecunning.