Foxkin (12 RP)
Medium Humanoid (animal-folk)
- +2 to 2 ability scores of choice. (2 RP)
- Type: Foxkin are humanoids with the animal-folk subtype. (0 RP)
- Darkvision: Foxkin can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (2 RP)
- Medium: Foxkin are medium creatures. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Foxkin have a base speed of 30 ft. (0 RP)
- Keen Senses: Foxkin gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks while in their forest home. (2 RP)
- Stalker: Perception and Stealth are always class skills for Foxkin. (1 RP)
- Silent Hunter: Foxkin reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait). (2 RP)
- Beguiling Liar: Foxkin gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie. (2 RP)
- Greed: Foxkin gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones. (1 RP)
- Languages: Foxkin begin play speaking Vulpis and Common. Bonus: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Nimble Attacks: Foxkin receive Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. Replaces keen senses.
- Scent: Foxkin gain the scent ability. Replaces beguiling liar and silent hunter.
- Cornered Fury: Whenever a foxkin is reduced to half its hit points or fewer and has no conscious ally within 30 feet, they gain a +2 racial bonus on melee attack rolls and to Armor Class. Replaces silent hunter and stalker.
- Lucky, lesser: Foxkin gain a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws. Replaces greed.
- Shadow Blending: Foxkin Attacks made against members of this race while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This trait does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance. This is a supernatural ability. Replaces silent hunter.
- Quick Reactions: Foxkin receive Improved Initiative as a bonus feat. Replaces keen senses.
- Silver Tongued: Foxkin gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can do so up to three steps up rather than just two. Replaces beguiling liar and greed.
Kitsune Ancestry: Foxkin gain the outsider subtype and choose from below (3 RP):
- Change Shape, lesser:
- Elemental Affinity (fire):
- Elemental Summoner (fire):
Atlan (half-atlantean) 12-14 RP
Medium Humanoid (planetouched, astral or water)
- +2 to 2 attributes of choice. (1 RP)
- Type: Atlan are humanoids with the planetouched subtype (choose astral or water). (2 RP)
- Lowlight Vision: Atlans can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light. (1 RP)
- Medium: Atlans are medium size. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Atlans have a standard movement of 30 feet. (0 RP)
- Shards of the Past: Atlan have past lives that grant them two particular skills. Each member of this race picks two skills. The member of this race gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the member of this race actually takes. (2 RP)
- Atlantean Heritage: Atlans are descended from the Atlantean race. They are able to choose 1 trait of 4-6 RP from the Atlantean traits from the following lists. (4-6 RP)
- Racial Affinity, lesser: Atlan choose between psionics, magic or technology as their affinity. Thereafter they are treated as being 1 level higher for bonus spells, spells and spell level checks. (2 RP)
- Telepathy: Atlan are born with one or more psionic abilities. They can detect magic and/or psionics as a spell-like ability 2/day. (2 RP)
- Atlantean Magic: Atlan gain a +1 to alteration DC checks and gain the following abilities. At will: mage hand, 1/day: (pick 3 spells from 0-2 level), DC is character level. (2 RP)
- Fleshshaper: Atlan are known for their skill in Biomancy (the merging of technology, magic and flesh). They gain a +1 bonus in Heal, Knowledge (anatomy) or Craft (flesh). (2 RP)
- Water-touched: Atlan gain the following abilities: 1/day-water-walk (Su), or water breathing (Ex). (2 RP)
- Linguist: Atlantean and Common. Bonus: Any (2 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Natural Armor: Atlanteans gain a +1 natural armor bonus. Replaces lowlight vision.
- Elemental Resistance: Atlanteans gain a resistance to acid, cold and electricity resistance 5. Replaces a 2 RP heritage ability.
Atlan are the descendants of Atlanteans and various other humanoid races. From experimentation, alliances or dalliances. The still have some of their ancestors abilities, but not their arrogance, strength or near immortality. Because of the thinning of the bloodlines, they are only planetouched and not outsiders.
Many are still trying to right the wrongs of their ancestors and living their own lives without the shadows of the past horrors.
Atlantean (NPC) 20 RP
Medium Outsider (native, astral, humanoid, water)
- +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma (0 RP)
- Enhanced Intelligence: Atlanteans have a +2 bonus to their Intelligence score. (2 RP)
- Outsider: Atlanteans are outsiders with the native, astral and water subtypes. (3 RP)
- Darkvision: Atlanteans can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 ft.
- Medium: Atlanteans are medium creatures. (0 RP)
- Standard Speed: Atlanteans have a standard speed of 30 ft. (0 RP)
- Skilled: Atlanteans gain a +2 racial bonus to a Knowledge (of choice) or a Craft (of choice). (2 RP)
- Racial Affinity: Atlanteans choose between psionics, magic or technology as their affinity. Thereafter they are treated as being 2 levels higher for bonus spells, spells and spell level checks. (3 RP)
- Telepathy: Atlanteans are born with one or more psionic abilities. They can detect magic and/or psionics as a spell-like ability at will. (2 RP)
- Atlantean Magic: Atlanteans gain a +1 to alteration DC checks, also gain the following abilities. At will: mage hand, 1/day: (pick 3 spells from 0-2 level), DC is character level. (2 RP)
- Fleshshaper: Atlanteans are known for their skill in Biomancy (the merging of technology, magic and flesh). They gain a +2 bonus in Heal, Knowledge (anatomy) or Craft (flesh). (4 RP)
- Linguist: Atlantean and Common. Bonus: Any. (2 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Shards of the Past: Atlanteans have past lives that grant them two particular skills. Each member of this race picks two skills. The member of this race gains a +2 racial bonus on both of these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the member of this race actually takes. Replaces skilled.
- Water-touched: Atlanteans gain the following abilities At Will: water-walk (Su), water breathing (Ex). Replaces atlantean magic.
- Natural Armor: Atlanteans gain a +1 natural armor bonus. Replaces darkvision.
- Elemental Resistance: Atlanteans gain a resistance to acid, cold and electricity resistance 5. Replaces fleshshaper.
Atlanteans are descended from a union between an Elder water elemental and a mortal, but this is lost to legend. They are a calm, orderly people that rarely show emotion with extremely long lives. Naturally curious, they are often amused by the actions of short-lived outsiders. When pursing a goal, they are relentless but prefer to take their time and look a very broad perspective.
Physically, they are short and slim; averaging around 5’6” and weighing about 125 lbs. Men and women are of similar height and build. Their coloration is olive skinned with dark hair; with fine, delicate features that is considered eerily beautiful by other races. Facial hair is uncommon unless there from interbreeding.
Atlanteans are extremely long-lived, they are still mortal. The passage of time and the Mage Wars has diluted their outsider blood, which has shortened and weakened the blood of their descendants; the Atlans. A few, however, remain blessed by their elemental blood (or are still alive from before coming to this world). Due to their long life spans, many humans believe this plane-touched race is truly immortal. Atlanteans mature at the same rate as Atlans, but their life spans are 20 times as long.
Atlanteans age similar to Astralus; for about 75 years, during which time they mature slowly, rarely growing over 4’ 5” or heavier than 65 lbs. During their long childhood they commonly apprentice themselves to different mentors to find their path in life. They reach adolescence around 75-100 years of age. This is when they become physically mature, reaching their full height before adulthood. Atlanteans can live up to 400 years.
They consider most other humanoids (except elves) as unrefined barbarians and refuse to think that they are any threat to them. Humans in their kingdom are little more than second class citizens (a few are still under their control, that have not degenerates after the Mage Wars) and are commonly slaves, although if they show merit, their lot in life can be advanced upwards.
While arranging my bookshelves today, I found two books buried under a stack of miscellaneous items. They are: How to Stay Alive in the Woods by Bradford Angier and Walking Softly in the Wilderness by John Hart. This is a blast from the past as I’ve had these books since I was back home in Washington State.
The first is an earlier edition printed in 1962 but the original copyright is from 1956. The summary on the back says: could you, if your life depended on it, may nature sustain you? This book, written with the sure knowledge that comes from experience, demonstrates to youngsters and adults alike that every necessity of life is the ones command in the outdoors.
The author, a season camper, shows how to spark of fire by using a drop of water as a lens; had to test different plants for edibility and how to cook wild fruits, leaves, herbs, and roots; how to improvise fishing equipment and animal traps; where to find shelter; and how to make clothing.
This book is a “survival kit.” It may save your life.
This is the handbook that belongs in every sportsmen’s knapsack. Now I know this is an old addition and there are many updated versions. It is mostly text with few pictures but there it is lots of good information inside.
The latter book is listed as being the Sierra club guide to backpacking. Summary on the back says this is: if “out of the Sierra club’s extensive back country hiking and camping experience comes as completely revised and updated guide for both novice and veterans backpackers who want to explore the wilderness expert lead and gently. This invaluable handbook includes the very latest information on:
- Boots and Foot Care
- Home in a pack
- Sleeping bags and kitchen gear
- Getting fit
- Planning the trip
- Making and breaking camp
- Food and fuel
- The art of map and compass
- The waste problem
- Coping with emergencies
- Camping with children
- Snow and ice camping
- The politics of wilderness
This book was printed in 1984 of the original copyright is from 1948. This book has more detailed and width updated information than the previous one. One of the main differences in these books is that one is about survival and the others about backpacking, camping and hiking. They do complement each other at times cover the same material.
Mycili 14 RP
Small or Medium Fey (fey)
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength (0 RP)
- Fey: Mycili are plant-like creatures with supernatural abilities and connections to nature with the Fey subtype. (2 RP)
- Mycili gain a +2 resistance to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and polymorphing.
- Small: Mycili are small creatures, +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide check. (0 RP)
- Slow Speed: Mycili have a movement of 20 feet. (-1 RP)
- Blind: Mycili have no eyes. (-2 RP)
- Carrion Sense: Mycili have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. While their sense of smell isn’t as keen as that of other species, it is particularly attuned to the scent of injuries or death. This racial trait give them a limited scent ability, which only functions for corpses and badly wounded creatures (50% or fewer hit points). (1 RP)
- Sporespeech: Mycili are physically incapable of speaking and instead communicate with others that have been exposed to their spores via a limited form of telepathy called “sporespeech.” Mycili may still cast spells with verbal components and/or make use of bardic music abilities (and any other effect that requires audible communication) using sporespeech just as well as a speaking creature can. Their passive spores travel as far as a voice can carry and a mycili can choose who “hears” their sporespeech about as well as a normal person can (in a manner similar to adjusting the volume of one’s voice). Sporespeech can be “overheard” with a Perception check just as easily as a normal voice can. Mycili who are sufficiently bound cannot use sporespeech as it prevents the spread of their spores. A Mycili may still use Silent Spell to cast spells while so bound, or without anyone “hearing” the verbal component of their spells. (2 RP)
- Spore Cloud (Sleep): Mycili gain the ability to create a cloud of spores (sleep), range 10 feet. At Will: These spores affect all breathing creatures as a sleep spell . They must make a Will save (DC 12). If they fail they fall asleep for 1d4+4 rounds. If they save for 1/2, they are slowed for the same amount of time. (1 RP)
- Grasping Tendrils: Mycili gain the Improved Grapple Feat, they are able to grapple with opponents 1 size smaller or less. They have 2 tendrils that can whip out and deal 1d4 damage per tendril that hits (2 RP)
- Take Root: Mycili gain the ability to take root 2/day to heal injuries as normal healing from sleep. (2 RP)
- Camouflage, greater: Mycili gain the ability to appear as any fungus species including Myconids, of their size. (3 RP)
- Sticky Tendril: Mycili use one of their Tendrils as a tongue/lure. They are able to grab nearby objects as if it had the attach quality. This tendril has a toxic gel coating it that imparts paralysis to the creature grabbed. (3 RP)
- Language: Sporespeach and Common. Bonus: Elven, Halfling, Gnome and Sylvan. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Life Infusion (heal): Mycili gain the ability to heal 1d6 of damage 1/day + Wisdom modifier. Replaces spore cloud.
- Impaling Tendrils: Mycili gain the ability to stiffen their Tendrils into spears, 1d8 damage, 2/day. Replaces camouflage.
- Improved Sticky Tongue: Mycili gain the ability to pull objects of their own size with their sticky tongue tendril. (Keeps the previous traits) Replaces sticky tendril.
- Low-Light Vision: Mycili can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. Replaces carrion sense.
- Tremorsense: Mycili gain tremorsense out to 30 feet. Replaces carrion sense.
This a race of humanoid mushrooms, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are often mistaken for Myconids, but are Fey instead of Plants.
My company homepage is at: www.pookaskreation.weebly.com. There are many more blogs there. I will gradually move my blogs here for better access, as more people use wordpress than weebly.
Please come back often and comment on my posts.
Feytouched 10-12 RP
Medium Humanoid (Fey)
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom (0 RP)
- Size: Medium (0 RP)
- Fast Speed: Feytouched have a 40 ft. Spritely and much lighter on their feet than common humans, the Feytouched are inherently faster than common races. (1 RP)
- Type: Though usually born humans (elf, gnome, etc). Feytouched are considered, by all technical purposes, to be more related to fey than humans, and as such inherit the Fey type. (2 RP)
- Low-light Vision: All Feytouched are gifted with lowlight vision, they see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
- Fey Friend: Feytouched gain a +2 to Diplomacy (Wild Empathy with animals), they are always treated as friends to all fey and animals, unless proven otherwise. (2 RP)
- Fey Blood: Feytouched are close to their Fey ancestry so pick 2-4 RP of Fey traits. (2-4 RP)
- Lucky, lesser: Feytouched gain a +1 racial bonus to all saving throws. (2 RP)
- Nimble Attacks: Feytouched gain weapon finesse with 2 light weapons of choice. (1 RP)
- Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus: Draconic, Elven, Etherian, and Gnome. (0 RP)
Alternate Racial Traits
- Flight: Feytouched with a Pixie parent gain retractable wings. The type depends on the parent and the color/markings or their mood. Fly speed is twice land speed with good maneuverability.
- Eternal Youth: Feytouched are immune to aging effects, they don’t age past teenager. (2 RP)
- Eternal Hope: Feytouched gain a+2 racial bonus to Will saves vs fear and despair. (2 RP)
- Flexible Bonus Feat: Though now in fact Fey, the Feytouched still have the versatility in skills and choices as their human forbearers. This, teamed with the Feytouched inherent unique and chaotic natures, causes the Feytouched to be just as likely to pick up extra feats, and may take any feat they meet the prerequisites for as a bonus feat. (4 RP)
- Fey Damage Resistance: Feytouched gain a DR5/Cold Iron.
Those taken at birth or early childhood, like the Lost Boys from Peter Pan [others that have been influenced by the Fey or have fey ancestry] can use this Advanced Race. Most often they are raised by Fey parents or sometimes by other fey creatures, similar to the animals in the Jungle Book.