Mothbat (16/24 RP)
Tiny Aberration (vampiric)
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength. (0 RP)
- Tiny: Mothbats gain a +2 size bonus to Dexterity and a -2 size penalty to Strength. Tiny races gain a +2 size bonus to their AC, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls, a -2 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +8 size bonus on Stealth. (4 RP)
- Aberration: Mothbats are Aberrations with the vampiric subtype. (3 RP)
- Dark vision: Mothbats have darkvision 60 ft.
- Slow Speed: Mothbats have a slow speed of 20 ft. (-1 RP)
- Flight: Mothbats have a fly speed of 30 feet with clumsy maneuverability. (4 RP)
- Keen Senses: Mothbats gain a +2 racial bonus to Perception skill checks. (2 RP)
- Attach: Mothbats can attach to their prey with their strong legs to feed with their proboscis. (2 RP)
- Euphoric Aura: When a Mothbat finds its prey it flies around the creature, exuding its aura into a cloud. This aura is treated at the spell Euphoric Cloud but with a range of 10 ft + 2 ft per level or per Mothbat. (2 RP)
Additional Traits (during Lunar Conjunction)
- Carrion Sense: Mothbats have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. This functions like the scent ability, but only for corpses and badly wounded creatures (creatures with 25% or fewer hit points). (1 RP)
- Blood Craving: Mothbats gain a craving for blood. (-1 RP)
- Bite: Mothbats gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1 point of damage. Their fangs exude a fluid that numbs the site while they drink their fill. (1 RP)
- Swarm: Mothbats group together into swarms to hunt and feed. (2 RP)
- Plagueborn: Mothbats race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened. (1 RP)
- Shadow Resistance: Mothbats gain Perception and Stealth as class skills. (2 RP)
- Shadow Blending: Attacks made against Mothbats while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This trait does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance. This is a supernatural ability. (2 RP)
Mothbats look like a combination of a large moth and a small bat. They have brown eyes, moth wings, antenna-like ears, snub-nose, proboscis, and 6 legs insect-like legs. Normally they are active at twilight and their preferred food is goat (or similar animal) milk. Mothbats are rarely seen far from their chosen herd and often flying in small groups of 4-6.
Every 4-7 years when the planets and moons align and create a conjunction, everything changes. During these 3 days, the Mothbats become feral and crave blood. Their eyes change to glowing red, snouts lengthen and grow Â½â€ fangs. If they sense a dead or dying creature nearby they will flocks to it, swarm and drain it of blood. Rarely this will extend from animal to human.
They look like a combination of the images below. The vampire bat is their corrupted form.